About the centre
The Wisconsin Centre for Professional Studies was established in November, 2020 following the restructuring and expansion of the existing Department for Extramural Studies. Its core mandate is to run non-academic certificate programmes and to provide tuition for professional examinations.
It is headed by a Director who is supported by a team and a secretariat.
Our mission is to provide students/ participants with the knowledge, skills, and expertise that will enhance their competence and boost their confidence levels while performing their jobs.
The Centre is also intended to equip students preparing for their professional exams with the relevant knowledge to write and pass with ease.
Our vision is to become the number one centre for professional development providing appropriate content through delivery modes that produce competent professionals.
Our activities are guided by the desire to achieve the following objectives:
- To support the development of human resources in Ghana;
- To promote the Wisconsin brand through the running of unique courses;
- To raise revenue to support the university.
In order to achieve our objectives, we intend to:
- Differentiate ourselves through the delivery of unique and quality content using the most appropriate methods of training;
- Introduce new courses and continuously review existing ones when necessary;
- Collaborate with other organizations (local and foreign) in order to enhance our capacity to deliver programmes that meet the needs of participants.