SummaryA graduate of the Diploma in Information Technology programme will be able to:
- Analyze and resolve basic information technology problems through the application of systemic approaches.
- Support the analysis, planning, design, development and implementation of computer systems and networks.
- Design, install, configure, troubleshoot and manage components of computer systems and networks.
- Apply basic knowledge of software application development.
- Apply basic knowledge of database connectivity issues and concepts.
- Apply principles of data management to ensure the integrity of information.
- Complete all work in compliance with relevant policies, practices, processes and procedures.
- Participate as an effective individual and member of a team.
- Interpret, produce, and present work-related documents and information effectively and accurately.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve job performance and promote personal and professional growth.
- Install, configure, and optimize microcomputer operating systems and network application software.
- Install, manage, and maintain web servers; design and develop websites.
- Implement cross-platform integration among PC/LAN and mid-range computing
WASSCE & SSSCE:Candidates must have six credits (A1-C6) in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science (Biology or Agricultural Science for Nigerian applicants) or Social Studies, and three elective subjects, making an aggregate of no more than 36. For SSSCE, candidates must have six credits (A-D) in the three Core Subjects and three electives, making an aggregate of no more than 24.
Mature StudentsCandidates must be at least 25 years old and must write and pass an entrance examination in English, Mathematics, IT, and General Business. They may also be required to attend an interview.
Others:Applicants with GCE, ICGSE, GBCE, ABCE, Baccalaureate, Professional Courses (ICA, ACCA, CIM, etc), and HND, among others may contact us for levels of placement.
Local and International Fee Payment Options
BenefitsBenefits of studying this programme includes finding a career path in any of the following:
- Information Systems Officer
- Database Administrator
- Applications/Software Programmer
- Systems Analyst/Engineer
- IT Systems Support Officer
- Network Administrator
- Business Intelligence Officer
- Games Designer