Taking into account challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic on tertiary institutions in the country, Management of the University in consultation with major stakeholders have instituted the following measures in connection with the re-opening of the 1st semester of the 2020/2021 academic year in order to minimize disruptions in teaching and learning:
- Online registration will begin on September 7, 2020 and students are required to pay a minimum of 50% of their total tuition fees to enable them register.
- The online registration process will be sent in a separate communique.
- The period for payment of penalty for late registration has been extended from the usual 2 weeks to 3 weeks after the re-opening of the semester.
- New Registration Deadline is Saturday, September 26, 2020.
- Late Registration Penalty takes effect from Monday, September 28, 2020.
- The provisional timetable for the next semester is available to all students on the university website (www.wiuc-ghana.edu.gh).
- Lectures will commence on September 16, 2020. Teaching mode and classroom work/assignments will be conducted Online/Virtual (Zoom Meeting/ Google Meet and Google Classroom)
- Arrangements will be made for courses that require practical sessions. These arrangements will be communicated in due course.
- Should there be any further directives by the President of the Republic on the re-opening of tertiary institutions, we would assess our situation and respond appropriately; and
- Students with peculiar challenges are however encouraged to contact their respective faculties/schools for necessary support.
- Are required to pay 75% of their tuition fee to register for the immediate activation of their official student emails.
- Must have a student ID to participate in lectures
- Are to contact Registry for redress of their concerns at email@example.com; and
- Details about orientation for all Freshers will be communicated to them in due course through their individual official emails.