This Course is designed to expose mature students to the basis of mathematics which is a requirement for their university education. The course will help students to be equipped with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills. The course includes the following:
• Properties of Integers
• Real Numbers
• Ratio and Proportion
• Simple interest
• Power and Root of Numbers
• Descriptive Statistics
• Variables and Algebraic Expressions
• Manipulation of Algebraic Expressions
• Solving Linear Equations with one unknown
• Solving Linear Equations with two unknown
Any others deemed relevant
Martin-Gay, K. E. (1999), Intermediate Algebra, New York: Prentice Hall Inc.). (pp 81-113, 169-217, 261-312)
Rebert F. Blizer ( 2008) , College Algebra U.S.A.: Pearson custom Publishers.
Bostock . L and Chandler . S. ( 1996) , Core Mathematics for A level, New York: Stanley Thomas pusblishers.
Click Here for the Mature Access Timetable.